See available themesUKTNET
"The Provider": UK Trading trading as UKTNET
"The Client": The person or entity who is applying for services
The Provider agrees to supply, and The Client
agrees to receive, access to the services according to the following
terms and conditions:
1) The Client will use the services in a
manner consistent with any and all applicable laws of the United Kingdom,
the US Federal Government, and the laws of your locale.
1a) The Provider expressly forbids the
use of its web servers for any business engaged in the activity of bulk
1b) The Provider is required by law to hold
verifiable information on file about The Client hosted on The
Provider webservers in order that relevant authorities, and
parties are able to trace the The Client should a dispute or
allegation of illegal, immoral activities, or breach of law occur. The
Client information is held privately, and securely on The
Provider files and is not published or freely given to any person
or authority unless The Provider firmly believes or agrees that
the authority, or person concerned has a justifiable reason or legal right
to have access to it.
1c) The Client, by accepting this contract, is
deemed to have agreed to providing The Provider with verifiable
details of their geographical location and contact information.
2) The Provider reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to deactivate the The Client's account(s) upon an indication of credit problems including delinquent payments or breaches of this service agreement.
2a) The Provider also reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to levy a re-connection charge where The Client's account has been disconnected.
3) THE PROVIDER SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS, AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. THE PROVIDER GIVES NO WARRANTY, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, FOR THE SERVICES PROVIDED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THIS NO WARRANTY EXPRESSLY INCLUDES ANY REIMBURSEMENT FOR LOSSES OF INCOME DUE TO DISRUPTION OF SERVICE BY THE PROVIDER OR ITS PROVIDERS BEYOND THE FEES PAID BY THE CLIENT TO THE PROVIDER FOR SERVICES.
4) The Provider is not responsible for any damages arising from The Client's use of The Provider services or by The Client's inability to use the services for any reason.
5) Due to the nature of the internet and associated
electronic equipment, there may arise instances during a period of service
where a webserver that The Client's files are stored could
become damaged or lost due to hardware failure or malfunction, and other
instability caused by DOS (denial of service) attacks brought about by
While The Provider shall make every reasonable effort to protect The Client's files and data, The Provider cannot be held responsible for The Client's files residing on The Provider webservers, nor for any loss of files howsoever caused. The Client is solely responsible for independent backup of data stored on The Provider webservers.
In such cases, The Provider will attempt to re-instate The Client's hosting service as quickly as possible where there has been a catastrophic loss of service, however, it is The Client's responsibility, and not that of The Provider to re-load files when for some reason the original content has been lost or damaged, howsoever caused.
5a) It is the sole responsibility of The Client to regularly scan their network equipment, and ensure that any computer or device used to connect to The Providers network, servers, or systems is virus and trojan free, and that any equipment used to connect to The Providers systems will not deliver any material or content to the web server that might compromise the server, damage or interrupt The Providers services.
6) THE CLIENT HEREBY AGREES THAT ANY MATERIAL SUBMITTED FOR PUBLICATION ON THE PROVIDER THROUGH CLIENT'S ACCOUNT(S) WILL NOT VIOLATE OR INFRINGE ANY COPYRIGHT, TRADEMARK, PATENT, STATUTORY, COMMON LAW OR PROPRIETARY RIGHTS OF OTHERS, OR CONTAIN ANYTHING LIBELLOUS OR HARMFUL. ANY POTENTIALLY ILLEGAL ACTIVITY MAY BE BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT WARNING BY THE PROVIDER. CLIENT HEREBY AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE PROVIDER FOR ANY CLAIM RESULTING FROM THE SUBMISSION OF ILLEGAL MATERIALS.
7) THE CLIENT HEREBY AGREES THAT ANY MATERIAL SUBMITTED FOR PUBLICATION ON THE PROVIDER THROUGH CLIENT'S ACCOUNT(S) WILL NOT CONTAIN ANYTHING SUCH AS, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PORNOGRAPHY, OBSCENITY, VIOLATIONS OF PRIVACY, COMPUTER VIRUSES, AND ANY HARASSING AND OR HARMFUL MATERIALS OR USES, WHICH ARE CONSIDERED TO BE ABUSIVE AND UNETHICAL USES OF THE SERVICE(S). CLIENT HEREBY AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE PROVIDER FROM ANY CLAIM RESULTING FROM YOUR PUBLICATION OF MATERIALS OR YOUR USE OF THOSE MATERIALS. PROVIDER MAY OR MAY NOT GIVE NOTICE BEFORE DEACTIVATING THE USE OF AN ACCOUNT(S) WHICH THE PROVIDER DECIDES IS AN ABUSIVE OR UNETHICAL USE OF THE SERVICE(S), OR DEEMED A VIOLATION OF THE TERMS OF SERVICE.
8) Due to the public nature of the Internet, all information should be considered publicly accessible, and important or private information should be treated carefully. The Provider is not liable for protection or privacy of electronic mail or other information transferred through the Internet or any other network provider or its customers may utilise.
9) Use of distribution lists and/or other mass electronic mailings is strictly prohibited. The Provider reserves the right to deactivate the The Client's account(s) upon an indication of such activity. The Client hereby agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the provider from any claim resulting from the The Client's or another party's use of electronic mail service(s) on the The Client's account(s).
10) In the event it is necessary to refer any dispute to an attorney or resolve it in a court of law, the prevailing party will be entitled to an award of reasonable attorney's fees and all costs associated with any legal action, whether or not a suit shall actually be filed.
11) The Provider maintains control and any ownership of any and all I.P. numbers and addresses that may be assigned to The Client and reserves in its sole discretion the right to change or remove any and all IP numbers and addresses.
12) The Provider reserves the right to disable any user account or site for anything deemed to be suspicious activities at the The Provider's sole discretion. This includes, but is not limited to, anything that gives indication of spamming, phishing, bombing, hacking, spoofing, cracking, phreaking, denial of service attacks, running rogue services on The Client's account on The Provider's systems, or anything that might attract or precede such activities. Rogue services, as defined here, means any service that is not included as a feature on The Provider's advertised list of account features at the time. This includes, but is not limited to, IRC bots, IRC clients, IRC daemons, ICQ clients, ICQ servers, Socks proxies, or any other service running on a TCP/IP port that The Provider did not give explicit written authorization for use. The Client hereby agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the provider from any claim resulting from account deactivation or disablement as a result of suspicious activities.
13) The Provider expressly reserves the right to monitor any and all activity, traffic, or content that The Client may produce, publish, or cause. The Provider also reserves the right to turn any logs, monitoring data, or The Client material over to the proper authorities in the event legal or criminal action is to be taken by The Provider or authorities.
14) The Provider reserves the right to change this contract by posting a publicly available copy at this location without specific notice to The Client. The Client hereby agrees to ratify any such changes and hold The Provider harmless from any claim resulting from such changes. The Client hereby acknowledges responsibility to inform itself of any changes to this contract whether informed by The Provider of changes or not.
15) What are the costs and when do they start?
Periodic charges vary for each type of account. Typically, Monthly,
Quarterly, Annually, and Bi-annually.
Your account begins upon receipt of the first hosting period's service fee.
You will be provided with setup information usually within 2-4 hours from receipt of online payment.
Your billing cycle will be based on the date we provide you with setup information, and all of your future hosting fees will be based on that date.
Website hosting and other prices are subject to change without notice, but are guaranteed for 12 months from the date you signed up for the service.
16) How do I pay for my services?
We operate a fully electronic billing system that automatically collects service renewal payments on the due date. Payment can be made by Mastercard, Visa, Visa Delta, Maestro Debit Cards, or PayPal on a recurring or subscription basis. You can also pay by BACS by prior arrangement. Invoices are automatically generated and e-mailed to you around 7 days before a renewal payment is due, and will be auto collected by our system on the due day.
16a) What will happen if my payment is late?
Payment for all regular monthly invoices are due on the date shown on your bill. We allow a free period of grace for 7 days after that date. If payments are not received within 7 days of their due date, a ?10 late payment fee will AUTOMATICALLY be assessed to your account. If payment is not received within 15 days of it's due date your account will be deactivated, and will incur a ?20 reactivation fee, in addition to the ?10 late payment fee. If you choose not to reactivate your account you are still responsible for the days of service you received since the renewal date, and any outstanding balance on account including the late fees. Simply not paying your bill will not constitute a cancellation and you will be liable for any service fees incurred. For information on how to cancel, please see item 18a directly below.
Important: It is your responsibility to ensure that any credit or debit card used to pay for service renewal is valid and 'in date'. Where we are unable to collect payment because a card has expired or has insufficient funds available you will be notified by our payment gateway. Failure to respond and correct the situation in good time could result in late payment fees or account deactivation.
17) Can I upgrade or downgrade my account?
Account upgrade and downgrade options can be found in your Control Panel in our Customer Area www.uktnet.co.uk/admin/
18) ACCOUNT CANCELLATION INFORMATION
Our guarantee is that we will endeavour to exceed your expectations on the product your order, and we offer our money back if we fail to do that. That guarantee does NOT apply where you have violated our terms of service, NOT understood our terms of service or billing policies, expected something that our literature clearly does NOT indicate is available (i.e., wanting outgoing email service when the account offers none), incompatibility with third party software, business hardships, business changes or simply changing your mind because you found a "better deal."
If you cancel the service within the first 30 days because our services have not met your expectations, the entirety of fees paid will be refunded. The 30 day period is counted with day 1 being the first day the account was made available to the client. The only exception is we are not able to refund for a domain name registration that you may have ordered at the time of ordering the account.
Where UK Trading provide extended services on a monthly payment basis,
such as those connected with e-commerce websites, including SEO services,
then the cost of providing the service has been calculated for a twelve
month period, so the service provision is deemed to be a 12 month
contract. See our Payments
& Refunds page
18a) Website Hosting Account or Domain Name Cancellation Procedure.
You can cancel your website hosting account or domain registration in your Control Panel in our Customer Area www.uktnet.co.uk/admin/
To cancel a website hosting account, select 'My Services' then click the red 'View' button for the account you wish to cancel, and then click the 'Request Cancellation' button at the bottom of the page. If your request is within a paid up period, it will be terminated on the next renewal date. Otherwise, renewal payment will be required, and it will then be cancelled on the next renewal date.
To cancel a domain name registration, select 'My Domains, then click the red 'View' button for the domain you wish to cancel, then click the 'Disable Auto Renew' button. The domain will then expire on our system without renewal.
Revised 22nd June 2011